Let's act together! Performance Workshop: Migrant Performativities
A workshop with „La Perra Alegria“, a traveling theater group by and with Samanta Elena Pizarro Aliste and Adam Arhelger.
- June 10th, 2023, from 9:30 am to 13:30 pm
- B0B Campus, Max-Planck-Straße 19, 42277 Wuppertal (Oberbarmen)
- Access via stairs and lift through green stair tower
Does displacement produce a new perspective on my identity?
How do I approach my culture from a distance?
What do I let go and what do I preserve?
The workshop aims to provide attendees with tools for the creation of individual or collective performative work focused on their migratory experiences and the personal metamorphosis that is generated through these processes. Questions on personal experiences of migration will be addressed in the workshop that will be deeply focused on the particular cultural contexts of the attendees, to establish a multicultural learning platform for the group.
Together, we will be working on the presence, projection, delivery, and scenic truth in the creation of an individual or collective performance exercise framed in the migratory experiences of the participants.
The workshop will focus on migrant female narratives and self-narratives. Individual or group work based on textual fragments delivered by the workshop facilitators or texts proposed by the workshop attendees on the theme of forced or chosen migration. The texts proposed by the workshops will consider a gender perspective and privilege the stories of female migrant writers.
What you need to know:
- The workshop will be held in English, German, and Spanish. If you don’t speak one of these languages, come along anyhow, performance is more than talking!
- No previous experience is necessary. All are cordially invited.
- We will be providing a small lunch snack for the one-hour lunch break in between the session.
- Bring some comfortable clothes with you in which you like to move around!
- To participate, we kindly ask you to register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org